I got one of those Nigerian 419 scammer emailing me about my
    laptop ad. (Dell Inspirion 700M laptop)

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/sys/70037720.html
    (sorry but I"m not selling it no more because it's such a cool laptop

heres a quick recap of our conversation:

========
    LOW LIFE SCAMMER:
    (Typical scam letter)
    ... bla blab. want to buy u laptop for son's birthday and u send it to nigeria. ..

==========
    MY RESPONSE:
    Hello, since you are making payment for shipping. I will only charge you for the cost of the Dell 700 Molester (700M) laptop computer

The total cost is $1050 US dollars

my payment information is:

John Ripmedoughoff Chen
    Big Chummp Computers
    1870 Shore Parkway
    Brooklyn, NY 11214

I will send you 700 Molester as soon as I receive the payment

============
    SCAM LETTERS:
    - a few letter with fake headers saying that there's money deposited in bidpay or what ever bullsh1t and I will get the payment after I shipped the item out to the flucker in Nigeria

=============
    MY LETTER TO SCAMMER
    The box should be about
    45"x20"x30" and weight about 20 pounds the 700 Molester. Are you going to send fedex someone to pick up? When? I have to know in order to be home.
    ==============
    SCAMMER LETTER:
    - Sent prepaid shiping label and ask me to drop box off to fedex office

==============
    MY RESPONSE:
    I know where the Fedex office is but I cannot go there because I have to attend to my business. There is already offers for the 700 Molester laptop from people willing to pick it up with cash, but I am a man of my word since I said I will sell to you and I don't want you to go through the trouble of paying bidpay.com for nothing so I will sell to you. I'm sure your son is eagerly waiting for his Molester.

Just call and have fedex come pick it up. As I was about finish packing the 700 Molester. Just email me back when you have the schedule on when fedex will come over to pick up your son's 700 Molester

.... to be continued
    ================================================
    ================================================
    can anyone answer these question for me?
    - do the scammers get charged when by fedex when they make up a prepaid shipping label with fedex? what about if they send fedex to pick up and they don't find addres or guy not home?

- do they have to pay fees or tax on an item when I shipped it to nigeria and they pick it up? (say taxes on a $2000 laptop?)

I was thinking of making him send me send a fedex box and then give them a box with 20 pounds of rocks or garbage and then the guy will have to pay fee to get the package.
    Last edited by rimmerchant; 04-27-2005 at 01:39 PM.
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

That's why I try to avoid shipping anything outside the country. Not only is it risky but you also have to fill a few extra papers for customs and whatnot. Kind of a pain in the arse of you ask me. I try to keep all my stuff within the U.S.

For something as pricey as that I would definately ask for money first no matter what.
    Antec Three Hundred Two | Intel DP67BA | Intel 2600k | Corsair CWCH60 | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (PC3-12800) | PNY GTX 580 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | WD RE4 2TB (WD2002FYPS) | Asus Xonar DG Sound | LG Blu-Ray Burner | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Work:
    Macbook Pro 15" Retina Display | 8GB Ram | 256GB SSD | Mac OS 10.8

here's a reply: from the scammer:
    =================
    Hey there,
    I have just given up calling fedex for the pick-up.And a friend just told me that it was a network problem here.Please,I will really need your help coz I had already mailed my son that he should be expecting a molester as his birthday gift and I don't want to make him sad.Please,help me to drop the package at the fedex office perhaps when your business is closed for the day...It's not mandatory that you should see any fedex official,you will just drop the package before their office once you have pasted the shipping label and the 3 commercial invoice on the package.I hope you do that for me today when you are through with your business.I will really appreciate every extra eefort you make in this regards.

Thanks and God bless.
    =========

This line strike me as really funny:

"I had already mailed my son that he should be expecting a molester as his birthday gift"
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

AH! Just tell him to send a token $25.00 deposit to show his good faith so you can send it priority same day shipping so his SON can get it right away. Then just keep telling him to watch for the "ghost package" and keep giving him stories like he gives you.
    AMD XP3200---INTEL P4 3200

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Hail bunny!

hahaha YES!!

did you guys read the other threads and see the other internet sitea about the 411 scams? thats awesome!!

stick it to the guy and then ship him 20lbs of crap soaked in either

1. doe estrus (sp?)
    2. your own poo
    3. broken glass and asphalt
    4. michal jackson pictures (then he would get a molester for his birthday hahahahahah)

hhahahaha

one thing though someone somewhere must be sending stuff to these people right? for them to keep doing it?
    Last edited by raider1v1; 04-27-2005 at 05:35 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

LAMDA DIR (Captain)in the Cooler's Guild

BORN TO FOLD

Damn you Hillary Clinton. This is all your fault. Damn you straight to hell. I'm glad Bill cheated on you. He was a good man. You, ma'am, are a douche. - ImaNihilist

Originally posted by raider1v1
    hahaha YES!!

did you guys read the other threads and see the other internet sitea about the 411 scams? thats awesome!!

stick it to the guy and then ship him 20lbs of crap soaked in either

1. doe estrus (sp?)
    2. your own poo
    3. broken glass and asphalt
    4. michal jackson pictures (then he would get a molester for his birthday hahahahahah)

hhahahaha

one thing though someone somewhere must be sending stuff to these people right? for them to keep doing it?
    is it 411 or 419 scam?

hah Micheal Jackson.. molester haha.

Currently: Dallas, US. Originally: Monterrey, Mexico
    What's all this about Nigerian scams? Never heard of it
    "Est Solarus Oth Mithas"
    My Honor is My Life

(\__/)
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

these scams usually involves some low life scum from usually Nigeria where they try to trick you to send an item you're selling or wire money to Nigeria (or somethe place in Africa)

some of the themes include:

1) saying they will buy your item. then they send you some fake email saying it's from some payment site/bank etc.. that it have already got the buyer's payment and waiting for you to send your package out to the buyer. Supposely once you send your package out to the low life and provide the tracking number to the payment site, they will release the money and send you a check for your payment. of course the payment site/info is fake and you will never get your money.

2) some Low life scum claiming to be someone in position and access to large sum of money (ex $45.6 million) They often claim to be a prince, business owner, lawyer etc.. They want you to help them transfer the money and flee to the US (or what ever) and in return they will give you 20% of the money. But you will have to help them pay off the transaction fees. In order to do that you must wire them say $5000 to help pay for the processing fees. Needless to say once you wire them the money you just got screwed.

As far as I know all these scams involve some KocK sucker in Nigeria

SCAMBaiters are people that jerk those lowlives back

see actual pictures of these low lives
    http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

My friend had a similar experience when selling car parts. The guy wanted him to send the parts over but by some really complicated means. The guy went then tried to tell my friend that he would over pay for the parts, have my bud cash the check, keep part of the extra cash for his trouble and send the rest with the parts or something. He went the Feds about it, and they said these scams were very common.
    Rig:
    Lian-Li PC-60 case (i think)
    1200mhz Athlon Processor
    ASUS A7M266 Mobo
    512MB DDR
    WD 120GB 7200RPM
    ASUS Geforce2 GTS
    Hercules Game Theater XP
    WinXP Pro

any updates? haha im interested in our very own scambater!
    (\__/)
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

LAMDA DIR (Captain)in the Cooler's Guild

BORN TO FOLD

Damn you Hillary Clinton. This is all your fault. Damn you straight to hell. I'm glad Bill cheated on you. He was a good man. You, ma'am, are a douche. - ImaNihilist

Originally posted by freedonX
    What's all this about Nigerian scams? Never heard of it
    It's a scam that has been running out of Nigeria since the 80s.

Check out this website: http://www.419eater.com/

It's got some funny stories about people who have burned the scammers.

Edit: Sorry, I missed rimmerchant's link and explanation above. Check out the site though, it's pretty good.
    Last edited by Brahma; 04-30-2005 at 09:23 PM.

Originally posted by Brahma
    It's a scam that has been running out of Nigeria since the 80s.

Check out this website: http://www.419eater.com/

It's got some funny stories about people who have burned the scammers.

Edit: Sorry, I missed rimmerchant's link and explanation above. Check out the site though, it's pretty good.
    yeah, I got inspired to do my own scambaiting after stumbling on that site a month or two back.

Originally posted by rusty c
    AH! Just tell him to send a token $25.00 deposit to show his good faith so you can send it priority same day shipping so his SON can get it right away. Then just keep telling him to watch for the "ghost package" and keep giving him stories like he gives you.
    Kock sucker keep telling me to go drop off his MOlester at the fedex office. but I keep telling him that I have to stay to attend to my store and by the time I get off the office is closed and I WILL NOT just drop it off at their closed office unattended like he said.

I tried getting him to send me $20 so I can pay an "errand boy" to run to the fedex office to drop off his package. but guy won't want to pay.

PLAN B:
    Mail him, a broken fax machine. and make it look like it was a mistake in the fax machine is intendeded for another customer. and of course the other customer got his Dell Molester in the mix up.

Now he would have to mail me back the printer and I would have to switch it back with the other customer to get his Molester. Once I get it back. I will make him send me another fedex shipping label.

Assumming he actually pays for the shipping charges it will run him quite a bit. as I checked with fedex the original shipping label he send me is legit and it cost $203 USD to send a molester to his son in Nigeria. If he b1tches about the shipping cost then I will tell him to just take it out from the amount he "paid" me with bidpay.
    (BTW: is bidpay.com a legit site?)

WHAT IF HE DECIDED TO KEEP THE FAX MACHINE?
    Good luck trying to get it work hehe. I will let the other guy that got his molester email the scammer and tell him how much fun and awesome the molester is. The guy will be playing mp3, watching video, surfing web, doing excel and word process and email while the scammer tries to get the fax machine to work :P rub it in his face. for paying $203 USD for a broken fax machine.

If he do send the fax machine back at his advance and provide me with another fedex label. I will send him a package with a verification letter. hopefully he will lick the envelope (which have been rubbed against my nuts and arse crack) to seal the verification letter.
    as from my previous plan that I didnt' have time and lazy to go through: see below for more info.
    http://sharkyforums.com/showthread.p...highlight=lick

=====
    Here's some goodies for you guys now:

fake invoice, read it and notice the details it's funny.
    btw: a "Flux Capacitor" is what they used in the movie "Back to the Future" to enable time travel.
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait%20invoice.xls

fedex shipping label he sendt me
    notice the "CUSTOMS VALUE: 203 USD" wonder if he really paid it?
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait0.jpg

working fax machine that scans and fax, just can't print
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait1.JPG

Here are the parts I taken out to make sure he can't use the printer if he decide to keep it.
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait2.JPG

Unless he digs in my trash he not gonna get his parts
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait3.JPG

Make sure the scanning imager won't work by blacking the glass with a black marker and scratching it up. can't tell that I F ed with it can you
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait4.JPG

add two catalogs to make the box heavier
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait5.JPG

Off it goes to fedex on monday.
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait1sm.JPG
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait2sm.JPG
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait3sm.JPG
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait4sm.JPG
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait5sm.JPG
    http://www.geniv.com/ebay/bait6sm.JPG
    Last edited by rimmerchant; 05-08-2005 at 04:00 AM.

If anyone have been keeping the tracking number and looking at the status.

here's an email I got from this low life today:

=========================
    Dgracee@xxxxxx.com:

Hey my son just contacted me that when the package got to him.It wasn't a molester which made me angry very much and I had contacted bidpay about it and they told me they will do something about it.What I bought from you was a Dell molester 700 while you sent an HP fax machine to my son.I was really dissapointed and I hope bidpay will have to take an action against that.Anyway,I will urge you to get the molester ready for my son as soon as possible.
    ===========================
    Last edited by rimmerchant; 05-08-2005 at 04:13 AM.

Ohh man, this is funny, I've just repsonded to the low life scum sucker. we're all adults here I hope you know what I mean when I refer to someone's er... "package".

===============================
    My sincere apology, I instructed my associated to mail your son's Molester out along with his regular shipments of BiotchSlap Systems. There must have been a mistake in the shipment.

I've just called my associate Mr Willie Stroker after reading your email. He said that currently there are no calls or emails concerning an error in shipping from his other customers. Again I am deeply sorry, for this mistake.

He always includes an invoice or shipping slip with every shipment. Is there one included in your son's misconceived package? I need the information on invoice to trace the mistake out.

I will make every attempt to have your son's undersized package erectified for his Molester.

If possible I need you to scan and attach a copy of the invoice or packing slip from your son's inadequate package to me. Even better, take a picture of your son's package spread out so I can let Mr Willie Stroker look at it to see if he had his hands in your son's package before.

Thanks.
    ===============================
    Last edited by rimmerchant; 05-08-2005 at 04:17 AM.