screw these "downloadable classics" from the current gen online stores..

Sharky Forums

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: screw these "downloadable classics" from the current gen online stores..

screw these "downloadable classics" from the current gen online stores..

say what you will about sony. but I have the original PS2 and it have a huge library of good games.

and while everyone else is with their next/current gen system paying $50 games.

I'm happy with PS2 and GameCube (thanks to the new Wii) used/new older A+ games for $10 a pop.

to me:
    $50/$60 for a midcore current gen game I can get like 5 highly rated games from a previous generation console.

and also screw the Wii or Xbox arcade / ps3 download online store for $8/$10 for their "dowloadable" "classic". when I can get an actual game.

example, I got a new Fzero GX for the gamecube for $10 shipped off ebay. mean while I think the virtual console were charging $8 for the SNES version of F-zero.

I pay $2 more but you know what? I got a nice box, manual and heck I can resell the game out too if I want.

and I can TAKE THE GAME WITH ME to a friend's house and have no problem playing it..
    Are you allowed to take the game to a friend's house with those game downloads?
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

While I agree that backwards compatibility is nice like that, I still like the downloads - without them we'd never have games like Geometry Wars or Assault Heroes, and due to publishing costs we'd probably have to pay upwards of $40 for something like UNO on the 360.

Tiger Shark
    So are you saying prefer spending money on inexpensive PS2 games to buying expensive 360/PS3 games? Or are you saying that you have a next gen console but you aren't interested in buying classic games for use with it because they're overpriced, poorly ported, and DRMd to hell?

If it's the first thing, I agree with you. It's not as if the games that were winning awards just two years ago have suddenly started sucking in an absolute sense because newer shinier ones are being released.
    [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Hey your right d00d

Let me go run down to best buy and buy a brand new, in box Nintendo Entertainment System...

Assault Heroes on Xbox Live Arcade freaking rocks.. it is the best new $10 game you can get
    bitfenix prodigy, i5 4670k, asrock z87e-itx, zotac gtx 970, crucial m500 msata, seasonic x650, dell st2220t

companies that offer what many people want to buy are idiots

a doctoral thesis by rimmerchant

This is my new catchprase i think
    +++ F.O.R.U.M. I.L.L.U.M.I.N.A.T.I. +++
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvi
    How come you always choose the wrong side, first HD DVD, now Russians.

Senor Sausage
    Point being ?

You don't like them, fine.

:rolleyes:

Xbox Live Gamertag: Weistber

Gaming Rig Status: Up
    | i5-2500 | MSI GTX560 | 2x2GB Corsair ValueRam

Games I'm playing: Witcher 2 (PC), RAGE(PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), Gears Of War 3 (X360)

Tiger Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by rimmerchant
    and also screw the Wii or Xbox arcade / ps3 download online store for $8/$10 for their "dowloadable" "classic". when I can get an actual game.

example, I got a new Fzero GX for the gamecube for $10 shipped off ebay. mean while I think the virtual console were charging $8 for the SNES version of F-zero.
    That's great for you -- but what about all the games that don't have modern sequels?

Downloadable classics are a convenient alternative for people who don't want to hang on to boxloads of old consoles and carts. If it's not for you fine, but a lot of people are geeked at the prospect of playing NES, SNES, Genesis and TG-16 games on their Wii. (come on, Splatterhouse...) And Xbox Live has some great arcade classics and original titles.

and I can TAKE THE GAME WITH ME to a friend's house and have no problem playing it..
    Are you allowed to take the game to a friend's house with those game downloads?
    No, you're not for obvious reasons. But honestly, how often is this an issue?

Mr Zurkon is here to kill PointlesS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isezumi
    Hey your right d00d

Let me go run down to best buy and buy a brand new, in box Nintendo Entertainment System...
    what...you didn't keep yours from 17 years ago?
    Lian Li PC-K7B | Intel i5 750 | 4GB A-Data 1600 | Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R | XFX Radeon 5850 | 2-640GB WD Caviar Blue | X-fi Xtrememusic | Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra | Dell U2311H | Antec Basiq Plus 550W | NEC 3550A | Win7 Ultimate x64
    and a whole lot of lovin..

Not everything offered on Xbox Live Arcade is an old game: Geometry Wars, Uno, Assault Heroes, Lumines (not that old), Cloning Clyde, etc. You get a good mixture of independent developed games and arcade classics.
    For a good time add SenorDestro to your 360 and Steam friend list. PSN: PoopRiot

to me:
    $50/$60 for a midcore current gen game I can get like 5 highly rated games from a previous generation console.
    While I agree with you on a lot of games, (I am playing Warlords Battlecry 3 on PC right now) I also payed 60 bucks for Gears of War recently.

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet

100% Green Poster. ZERO Carbon Emissions.

Demetrius I of Macedon was offended when the Spartans sent his court a single envoy, and exclaimed angrily, "What! Have the Lacedaemonians sent no more than one ambassador?" The Spartan responded, "Aye, one ambassador to one king."

just IMHO I would rather pay $10 for a say a used copy of Metroid Prime for the GC than spend the same $8 downloading something like super mario bros for the Virtual Console.
    C2D Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz, Enermax Liberty 620watt PSU, Gigabyte GA-965PDS3 mobo, 4x2gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz, 2x OCZ vertex 60gb Raid0 + 1TB + 320gb HD, SB Xi-Fi Extreme Gamer, 16x DVDRW Liteon, Logitech Cordless MX3100 desktop w MX1000 mouse + G9 laser mouse, Logitech cordless rumblepad 2, Sennheiser HDR100 wireless headset, ATI Remote Wonder II, Logitech QuickCamPro 9000, Eyefinity Triple 24" Widescrn LCD + ATI 5870, Win 7 ultimate

Engineer credit to *****! flutie98's Avatar
    just IMHO I would rather pay $10 for a say a used copy of Metroid Prime for the GC than spend the same $8 downloading something like super mario bros for the Virtual Console.

ill do both thank you very much
    |Core i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz|MSI Z77-GD65|8.0GB G.skill DDR3 1600|XFX AMD 6870|
    |Samsung 830 SSD|HP LP2465 24" LCD|Antec P280|Seasonic X750 PSU|H2O Cooling|Windows 7 x64|

|Core i3 2100|ASRock H61-GM|8.0GB DDR3|AMD Radeon 6450|Kingston V100+ SSD|
    |Antec Fusion V2|Epson 8350 1080P 3LCD on 100" EliteScreen|

|ThinkPad T420|Core i5 2520M|8.0GB DDR3|OCZ Vertex 4|

Audio: Radeon 6450 (HDMI)->Onkyo TX-NR509 ->Polk M60/M30/CSII + Velodyne VX10

I don't roll on Shabbos! Timman_24's Avatar
    Hey guys! I can get 20 1995 Dodge Neons for the price of a BMW!
    PC: Corsair 550D
    4280k | Asus Rampage Gene | Mushkin 4x4GB | EVGA 780
    Intel 120GB SSD + 2TB Seagate | Seasonic 660 Plat
    2x Alphacool XT45 | Laing DDC | Bitspower

Currently playing: Civ 5
    Last Game Beaten: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Timman_24
    Hey guys! I can get 20 1995 Dodge Neons for the price of a BMW!
    yea, um, so can I...pretty simple really
    Currently playing: Destiny. NHL 15. (ONE) Stronghold Crusader 2. KF2 (PC).
    Gamer Tag: MajorPayne189 Steam ID: MajorPayne
    I7 930, Gigabyte x58a, 6 GB DDR3, 1 TB Black, Radeon 5850, Corsair 750W, Win 7 x64